Issued 07:00 PM MDT 21 October 2016
Tonight and Saturday
Wind northwest 15 knots increasing to northwest 20 this evening then backing to west 15 near midnight. Wind increasing to west 20 late overnight and to west 25 near noon Saturday.
Snow ending this evening. A few flurries beginning near noon Saturday. Visibility 1 mile or less in snow.
Temperatures near minus 2.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 21 October 2016 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeIce edge is outside the forecast region.
Open water except 5 tenths of new ice including 2 tenths of grey ice
in the eastern section.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:30 PM MDT 21 October 2016 Tonight and Saturday At 0000 UTC Saturday low 993 mb located at 75N 153W.
By 0000 UTC Sunday low 1001 mb located at 76N 136W.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: