Issued 07:00 AM MDT 01 August 2015
Today Tonight and Sunday
Wind northwest 20 knots backing to west 15 near noon then veering to northwest 20 early this evening. Wind diminishing to light near midnight.
A few showers ending early this evening. A few showers beginning Sunday afternoon. Fog patches dissipating near noon. Fog patches forming near midnight and dissipating early Sunday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 1 August 2015 Today Tonight and Sunday
Ice EdgeIce edge is outside the forecast region.
Open water except 4 tenths of old ice in the northern section.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:30 AM MDT 1 August 2015 Today Tonight and Sunday At 1200 UTC Saturday deepening low 1001 mb located at 75N 147W.
By 0000 UTC Monday deepening trough from 997 mb low located from
78N 140W to 83N 120W then to 75N 105W.
By 0600 UTC Sunday high 1018 mb located at 69N 138W.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: