Issued 07:00 PM MDT 20 July 2017
Tonight and Friday.
Wind northwest 15 knots increasing to northwest 20 this evening and to northwest 25 to 30 near midnight. Wind diminishing to northwest 20 early Friday evening and to northwest 15 late Friday evening.
Showers ending early Friday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 20 July 2017 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeIce edge is outside the forecast region.
Open water except 1 tenth of first-year ice including a trace of old
ice in the western section.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:30 PM MDT 20 July 2017 Tonight and Friday At 0000 UTC Friday building high 1018 mb located at 71N 173W.
By 0000 UTC Saturday high 1018 mb located over Arctic Coast
At 0000 UTC Friday departing trough from 993 mb low located from
69N 130W to 83N 140W.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: