Issued 05:30 AM EDT 17 August 2017
Today Tonight and Friday.
Wind southeast 20 knots increasing to southeast 25 early this afternoon then diminishing to light Friday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 17 August 2017 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from 7045N 14100W to 7115N 13045W to Banks
Island near 7210N 12545W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Banks Island near 7125N 12100W to
7115N 11955W to Victoria Island near 7150N 11905W. Sea ice north of
the ice edge.
Third ice edge estimated from Victoria Island near 6900N 10150W to
6835N 10020W to King William Island near 6855N 9920W. Sea ice north
of the ice edge.
Fourth ice edge estimated from King William Island near 6900N 9550W
to Boothia Peninsula near 6935N 9450W. Sea ice northwest of the ice
Ice CoverageIce pressure warning in effect.
4 tenths of first-year ice including 1 tenth of old ice except 8
tenths of first-year ice including 3 tenths of old ice in the
northwestern section. Strong ice pressure in the northwest section
near some coasts today and Friday.
Warnings (In effect)
LarsenIssued 10:00 AM EDT 17 August 2017
Navigators in this marine area should be on the lookout for hazardous ice conditions and take necessary safety precautions. Please refer to the latest ice forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:30 AM MDT 17 August 2017 Today Tonight and Friday At 1200 UTC Thursday low 1001 mb located at 73N 62W.
By 0000 UTC Saturday low 1005 mb located at 65N 56W.
At 1200 UTC Thursday building ridge from 1028 mb high located from
79N 38W to 78N 90W.
By 0000 UTC Saturday weakening ridge located over northern
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: