Issued 05:30 PM EDT 20 July 2017
Tonight and Friday.
Wind northwest 15 knots diminishing to light near midnight then increasing to southwest 15 early Friday morning. Wind increasing to southwest 25 Friday evening.
Fog patches dissipating early Friday morning. Fog patches reforming Friday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 20 July 2017 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeIce edge is outside the forecast region.
Ice CoverageIce pressure warning in effect.
9 tenths of first-year ice including a trace of old ice except 9
tenths of old ice in the eastern section north of Admiralty Island.
Strong ice pressure today and Friday in the pack ice north and
northeast of King William Island.
Warnings (In effect)
LarsenIssued 10:00 AM EDT 20 July 2017
Navigators in this marine area should be on the lookout for hazardous ice conditions and take necessary safety precautions. Please refer to the latest ice forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:30 AM MDT 20 July 2017 Today Tonight and Friday At 1200 UTC Thursday deepening low 1004 mb located at 70N 136W.
By 0000 UTC Saturday low 990 mb located over Victoria Island.
At 1200 UTC Thursday departing ridge located from 67N 114W to
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: