Lake Athabasca - western half
Issued 05:00 PM MDT 24 July 2016
Tonight and Monday
Strong wind warning in effect. Squall watch in effect.
Wind southwest 25 knots except southwest 20 with gusts to 35 near thunderstorms. Wind diminishing to west 15 this evening and to north 10 near noon Monday. Wind becoming light Monday afternoon.
Risk of thunderstorms late this afternoon and early this evening. A few showers after midnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Lake Athabasca - western halfIssued 5:00 PM MDT 24 July 2016
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Watches (In effect)
Squall watch in effect
Lake AthabascaIssued 12:13 PM MDT 24 July 2016 Conditions are favourable for the development of squalls with wind gusts up to 35 knots and frequent lightning.
Thunderstorms are expected to develop this afternoon over Lake Athabasca. Some of these thunderstorms will have the potential to produce wind gusts in excess of 35 knots.
Vessels without lightning protection should make their way to shore immediately. Mariners are advised to prepare for potential squalls. Vulnerable vessels are most at risk and should seek safe harbour if underway.
Please continue to monitor alerts and forecasts issued by Environment Canada. For more information monitor Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
There is no Synopsis issued for this area.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: