Issued 07:00 PM MDT 27 August 2015
Tonight and Friday
Wind southeast 30 knots diminishing to southeast 20 near midnight then veering to south 15 early Friday morning. Wind veering to west 20 late Friday morning.
Chance of showers changing to periods of rain early Friday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 27 August 2015 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice Edge7040N 14100W to 7030N 13925W to 7120N 12705W to 7200N 12545W
First ice edge estimated from 7040N 14100W to 7030N 13925W to 7120N
12705W to Banks Island near 7200N 12545W. Sea ice north of the ice
Second ice edge estimated from Banks Island near 7120N 12205W to
7110N 12025W to Victoria Island near 7140N 11855W. Sea ice north of
the ice edge.
Third ice edge estimated from Victoria Island near 6850N 10255W to
6825N 10155W to King William Island near 6850N 9910W. Sea ice north
of the ice edge.
Ice free except a few strips of old ice near Prince of Wales Strait.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:30 PM MDT 27 August 2015 Tonight and Friday At 0000 UTC Friday trough from 987 mb low located from 75N 160W
to 67N 124W.
By 0000 UTC Saturday trough from 991 mb low located from 77N 145W
to 67N 113W.
At 0000 UTC Saturday ridge from 1008 mb high located from 67N 135W
to 74N 122W.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: