Issued 07:00 AM MDT 04 September 2015
Today Tonight and Saturday
Wind light becoming southeast 15 knots near noon then diminishing to light near midnight. Wind becoming southeast 15 Saturday morning then diminishing to light Saturday evening.
Fog patches dissipating this morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 4 September 2015 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from 7045N 14100W to 7035N 13710W to 7125N
12750W to Banks Island near 7155N 12545W. Sea ice north of the ice
Second ice edge estimated from Banks Island near 7105N 12250W to
7055N 12155W to Victoria Island near 7140N 11900W. Sea ice north of
the ice edge.
Third ice edge estimated from Victoria Island near 6850N 10255W to
6825N 10155W to King William Island near 6850N 9910W. Sea ice north
of the ice edge.
Fourth ice edge estimated from King William Island near 6955N 9800W
to Prince of Wales Island near 7115N 9835W. Sea ice west of the ice
Fifth ice edge estimated from Prince of Wales Island near 7315N
9750W to 7315N 9645W to 7355N 9610W then northeastward. Sea ice west
of the ice edge.
Sixth ice edge estimated from Somerset Island near 7200N 9405W to
Brodeur Peninsula near 7200N 8955W. Sea ice south of the ice edge.
Ice CoverageSpecial ice warning in effect.
Ice free except 9 tenths of old ice near parts of the coast of Banks
Island. Unusual presence of sea ice near parts of the coast of Banks
Warnings (In effect)
HolmanIssued 10:00 AM EDT 04 September 2015
Navigators in this marine area should be on the lookout for hazardous ice conditions and take necessary safety precautions. Please refer to the latest ice forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:30 AM MDT 4 September 2015 Today Tonight and Saturday At 1200 UTC Friday weakening ridge from 1029 mb high located from
75N 133W to 75N 161W.
At 1200 UTC Friday cold front located from 81N 158W to 78N 168W.
By 0000 UTC Sunday cold front from 986 mb low located from 84N
160W to 84N 151W then to 81N 160W.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: