Issued 07:00 AM MDT 05 August 2015
Today Tonight and Thursday
Wind northwest 15 knots diminishing to light this morning then increasing to northeast 20 near midnight. Wind increasing to northeast 25 early Thursday morning.
Chance of showers this morning and Thursday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 4 August 2015 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeIce edge is outside the forecast region.
7 tenths of first-year ice including a trace of old ice except 9
tenths of first-year ice including a trace of old ice along the
coasts of Victoria Island and Banks Island.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:30 AM MDT 5 August 2015 Today Tonight and Thursday At 1200 UTC Wednesday trough from 998 mb low located from 80N 124W
to 72N 140W.
By 0000 UTC Friday weakening trough from 1001 mb low located from
78N 109W to 76N 140W.
By 0000 UTC Friday ridge from 1019 mb high located from 72N 136W
to 73N 114W.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: