Hecate Strait - northern half
Issued 04:00 AM PST 13 February 2016
Today Tonight and Sunday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind south 15 to 25 knots increasing to southeast 25 to 35 this morning and to southeast 35 to 45 early this afternoon. Wind diminishing to west 15 to 25 early this evening then backing to south 10 to 20 after midnight. Wind increasing to southeast 30 to 40 Sunday morning then veering to southwest 30 to 40 Sunday afternoon.
Chance of showers changing to rain near noon and ending early this evening. Rain Sunday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Hecate Strait - northern halfIssued 04:00 AM PST 13 February 2016
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PST 13 February 2016 Today Tonight and Sunday At 4:00 a.m. PST today frontal system located west of the offshore
By 9:30 p.m. PST tonight frontal system located over the Mainland
At 4:00 p.m. PST today low 1000 mb located over southern Hecate
At midnight PST tonight ridge located over the Mainland Coast.
At noon PST Sunday low 992 mb located over northern Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:39 AM PST 13 February 2016 An approaching frontal system will spread gale to storm force
southeasterly winds to the offshore waters, Central Coast, southern
sections of the North Coast and west coast of Vancouver Island
This morning. Gale force southeasterly winds will also spread to
northern sections of the Strait of Georgia this afternoon.
The frontal system will move onto the mainland coast by this evening.
Westerly gales over central waters in the wake of the front will ease
this evening. A low pressure system moving into Northern Bowie
Sunday morning will bring another bout of gales over northern and
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: