Hecate Strait - northern half
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 24 April 2017
Today Tonight and Tuesday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind light becoming northwest 5 to 15 knots near noon then becoming light early this evening. Wind increasing to southeast 15 late overnight and to southeast 25 to 35 Tuesday morning. Wind increasing to southeast 35 to 45 Tuesday evening.
Periods of rain beginning Tuesday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Hecate Strait - northern halfIssued 05:05 AM PDT 24 April 2017
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 24 April 2017 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today weakening trough located over the southern
Strait of Georgia.
At 4:00 a.m. PDT today ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
over Cape St. James.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT today ridge located on a line north-south over
Queen Charlotte Sound.
At 5:00 a.m. PDT Tuesday cold front located over the offshore
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:44 AM PDT 24 April 2017 A cold front will approach the BC coast on Tuesday. Ahead of the
front, gale to marginal storm force southeasterlies are forecast
For offshore, northern, and central waters beginning Tuesday
Morning. The strong southeasterly winds will persist into the
In the wake of the front, gale force westerlies are expected over
portions of Bowie and Explorer.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: