Hecate Strait - northern half
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 24 May 2017
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northwest 30 to 40 knots today. Wind northwest 25 to 35 tonight and Thursday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Hecate Strait - northern halfIssued 04:00 AM PDT 24 May 2017
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 24 May 2017 Today Tonight and Thursday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today ridge located 360 miles west of Haida Gwaii.
By 5:00 a.m. PDT Thursday quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over northwestern Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:58 AM PDT 24 May 2017 A strong ridge of high pressure well offshore this morning will move
slowly eastward today and will stall over Northwestern Bowie tonight.
Strong to gale to force northwesterly winds over the BC coastal
waters will ease to light to moderate over most inner South Coast
waters today but will remain strong to gale force through tonight
And Thursday off the west coast of Vancouver Island and over most
central and northern waters.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: