Hecate Strait - northern half
Issued 04:00 AM PST 07 December 2016
Today Tonight and Thursday
Wind light increasing to southeast 10 to 15 knots late this morning then backing to northeast 10 to 20 late overnight.
Temperatures near plus 1.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PST 7 December 2016 Today Tonight and Thursday At 4:00 a.m. PST today quasi-stationary ridge located over BC
At 4:00 a.m. PST Thursday deepening frontal system located southwest
By 4:00 p.m. PST Thursday frontal system located over Explorer.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 4:05 AM PST 7 December 2016 An Arctic ridge of high pressure will remain over the BC Interior
today and Thursday. Gale force outflow winds are occurring through
mainland inlets with generally light to moderate winds elsewhere for
today. Cold temperatures from the Arctic outflow winds will give a
risk of moderate freezing spray near most mainland inlets.
A strong frontal system will approach Explorer and lie just
Southwest by Thursday morning. Gale to storm force southeasterlies
ahead of the system will spread to most South Coast region.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: