Hecate Strait - northern half
Issued 10:30 AM PST 27 January 2015
Today Tonight and Wednesday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind westerly 10 to 20 knots backing to southerly 5 to 15 early this evening then increasing to southeast 20 to 30 after midnight. Wind increasing to southeast 30 to 40 Wednesday morning.
Rain beginning late overnight.
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Hecate Strait - northern halfIssued 10:30 AM PST 27 January 2015
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PST 27 January 2015 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 10:30 a.m. PST today building ridge located over the offshore
By 9:30 p.m. PST tonight ridge located on a line north-south over
northern Vancouver Island.
At 4:00 p.m. PST today frontal system located west of Bowie.
By 4:00 p.m. PST Wednesday frontal system located west of Haida
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:27 AM PST 27 January 2015 Winds will become strong to gale force southeasterly over Bowie
This evening as a frontal system approaches from the west. The system
will slowly Progress towards the northern waters and eventually
spread southerly gales to the region Wednesday.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: