Hecate Strait - northern half
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 01 July 2015
Today Tonight and Thursday
Wind northwest 15 to 25 knots diminishing to northwest 5 to 15 this morning then becoming light this afternoon. Wind increasing to southerly 10 to 20 overnight then becoming northwest 15 to 25 near noon Thursday.
Chance of showers Thursday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 1 July 2015 Today Tonight and Thursday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today ridge located on a line north-south over
By 2:00 a.m. PDT Thursday ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over western Queen Charlotte Sound.
At 5:00 p.m. PDT today weakening cold front located over western
By 8:00 a.m. PDT Thursday dissipating cold front located on a line
northeast-southwest over Haida Gwaii.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:58 AM PDT 1 July 2015 A ridge of high pressure just off Haida Gwaii this morning will drift
slowly eastward to lie in a northeast to southwest line over Queen
Charlotte Sound tonight. A weakening cold front will reach Bowie this
afternoon and will dissipate as it crosses Haida Gwaii on Thursday
morning. The ridge will then rebuild over Bowie later in the day
Widespread strong northwest winds will continue over most southern
and central waters today and Thursday. Winds will reach gale force
west of Vancouver Island and through Johnstone Strait. The
approaching front will bring gale force southerlies over the western
portions of Bowie this afternoon.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: