Hecate Strait - northern half
Issued 04:00 PM PST 24 January 2017
Tonight and Wednesday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 25 to 35 knots diminishing to southeast 15 to 25 Wednesday morning.
A few showers.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Hecate Strait - northern halfIssued 4:00 PM PST 24 January 2017
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PST 24 January 2017 Tonight and Wednesday At 4:00 p.m. PST today departing ridge located over southern
At 4:00 p.m. PST today frontal system located west of Bowie.
By 4:00 a.m. PST Wednesday frontal system located on a line
north-south over Haida Gwaii.
At 4:00 p.m. PST Wednesday approaching frontal system located west
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:52 PM PST 24 January 2017 A frontal system will cross the northern waters tonight.
Gale force southeasterly winds will continue over parts of the
northern and central waters through Wednesday morning. Winds will
shift to moderate to strong southwest in its wake.
Another frontal system will approach the northern offshore waters
late Wednesday. Gale to storm force southeasterly winds will
Develop over most northern and central waters Wednesday afternoon.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: