Hecate Strait - northern half
Issued 01:05 PM PDT 27 March 2017
Today Tonight and Tuesday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 25 to 35 knots diminishing to southeast 15 to 25 this afternoon then increasing to southeast 30 to 40 this evening. Wind diminishing to south 20 to 30 late overnight and to southwest 15 to 20 Tuesday morning.
Periods of rain ending near noon Tuesday. Visibility as low as 1 mile in rain.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Hecate Strait - northern halfIssued 1:05 PM PDT 27 March 2017
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 11:03 AM PDT 27 March 2017 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 11:00 a.m. PDT today frontal system located west of Bowie.
By noon PDT Tuesday frontal system located on a line north-south
over central Vancouver Island.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:13 AM PDT 27 March 2017 An approaching frontal system will track across the offshore waters
tonight. Ahead of the system, gale force southerlies will develop
over the offshore waters this afternoon and spread to central and
northern waters by this evening.
Southerly storm force winds will develop from Southern Hecate Strait
to the headlands of Vancouver Island after midnight tonight.
Winds will ease to moderate westerlies in the wake of the front on
In addition, as the frontal wave slides down the coast on Tuesday,
southeast gale force winds will develop over Northern Strait of
Georgia Tuesday morning.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: