Hecate Strait - northern half
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 26 September 2016
Today Tonight and Tuesday
Wind westerly 15 to 25 knots diminishing to westerly 5 to 15 near noon then becoming southeast 10 to 20 Tuesday morning.
Chance of showers.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 26 September 2016 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today weakening ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over southern Vancouver Island.
At 4:00 a.m. PDT today cold front located over southern Hecate
By 5:00 p.m. PDT today cold front located over northern Vancouver
At 4:00 a.m. PDT today ridge located west of Bowie.
By 5:00 a.m. PDT Tuesday ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
over northern Explorer.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:42 AM PDT 26 September 2016 A cold front over Southern Hecate Strait will move over Northern
Vancouver Island late this afternoon.
Strong to gale force south or southeast winds ahead of
The cold front will shift to strong to gale force northwesterlies
In its wake.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: