Hecate Strait - northern half
Issued 04:00 AM PST 28 February 2017
Today Tonight and Wednesday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind south 25 to 35 knots becoming westerly 25 late this morning then backing to southerly 20 to 25 Wednesday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Hecate Strait - northern halfIssued 04:00 AM PST 28 February 2017
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PST 28 February 2017 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 4:00 a.m. PST today quasi-stationary low located over the Gulf
At 4:00 a.m. PST today trough from low located from the Gulf of
Alaska to Haida Gwaii.
By 4:00 p.m. PST today trough from low located from the Gulf of
Alaska to BC interior.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:48 AM PST 28 February 2017 A low pressure centre will remain over the Gulf of Alaska. A trough
from the low extending to Haida Gwaii will move into the BC Interior
Strong to gale force southeasterly winds will continue this morning
ahead of the trough. Strong to gale force westerly or northwesterly
winds will prevail over the northern and central waters today and
tonight behind the trough. Winds will become moderate to strong
westerly on Wednesday as the system weakens.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: