Hecate Strait - northern half
Issued 10:30 AM PDT 22 July 2017
Today Tonight and Sunday.
Wind southeast 15 to 20 knots diminishing to southeast 10 to 15 this evening and to light near midnight. Wind becoming northwest 10 to 15 Sunday evening.
Periods of rain ending early this evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PDT 22 July 2017 Today Tonight and Sunday At 10:30 a.m. PDT today low located over northern Bowie.
By 4:30 a.m. PDT Sunday dissipating low located over northern Bowie.
At 4:00 p.m. PDT today building ridge located from Explorer to
Queen Charlotte Sound.
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Sunday quasi-stationary ridge located from Explorer
to Haida Gwaii.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:13 AM PDT 22 July 2017 A low pressure centre will remain quasi-stationary over Northern
Bowie today. Marginal southwesterly gales over Northern Bowie will
develop late this morning and diminish early this evening.
A ridge of high pressure will build over Queen Charlotte Sound
tonight and lie over Haida Gwaii on Sunday. Ahead of the ridge, gale
force northwesterly winds will develop over west coast Vancouver
Island Sunday afternoon.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: