Hecate Strait - northern half
Issued 10:30 AM PST 26 January 2015
Today Tonight and Tuesday
Wind northeast 15 to 25 knots backing to northwest 15 to 25 this evening then diminishing to west 5 to 15 Tuesday morning. Wind becoming southeast 5 to 15 Tuesday evening.
Periods of rain ending Tuesday evening.
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PST 26 January 2015 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 10:30 a.m. PST today warm front located on a line
northeast-southwest over Queen Charlotte Sound.
By 9:30 p.m. PST tonight warm front located on a line east-west
over central BC interior.
At 10:30 a.m. PST today low 1003 mb located over northern Explorer.
By 9:30 p.m. PST tonight low 1001 mb located over Hecate Strait.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:16 AM PST 26 January 2015 A low pressure centre over Northern Explorer this morning will reach
Hecate Strait this evening and then move into the B.C. Interior
overnight. Strong to gale force southeasterly winds will develop
ahead of the low today and then shift to strong to gale force
northwesterlies in its wake tonight.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: