Hecate Strait - northern half
Issued 04:00 AM PST 12 February 2016
Today Tonight and Saturday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind south 10 to 15 knots increasing to south 15 to 25 early this afternoon and to south 25 to 35 Saturday morning.
A few showers.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Hecate Strait - northern halfIssued 04:00 AM PST 12 February 2016
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PST 12 February 2016 Today Tonight and Saturday At 4:00 a.m. PST today departing low 986 mb located northwest
At 4:00 a.m. PST Saturday frontal system located west of Explorer.
By 4:00 p.m. PST Saturday frontal system located over the Mainland
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:52 AM PST 12 February 2016 An approaching frontal system will spread gale to storm force
southeasterly winds to the offshore waters, north and Central Coast,
and west coast of Vancouver Island Saturday morning. Gale force
southeasterly winds will spread to northern sections of the strait
Of Georgia late Saturday afternoon. The frontal system will move onto
the mainland coast by Saturday evening. Westerly gales behind the
frontal system will ease Saturday evening.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: