Hecate Strait - northern half
Issued 04:00 PM PDT 22 July 2017
Tonight and Sunday.
Wind southeast 15 to 20 knots diminishing to southeast 10 to 15 this evening and to light near midnight. Wind becoming northwest 15 Sunday evening.
A few showers ending Sunday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PDT 22 July 2017 Tonight and Sunday At 4:00 p.m. PDT today low located over northern Bowie.
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Sunday dissipating low located over northern Bowie.
At 4:00 p.m. PDT today building ridge located from Explorer to
Queen Charlotte Sound.
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Sunday quasi-stationary ridge located from Explorer
to Haida Gwaii.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:31 PM PDT 22 July 2017 A low pressure centre will remain over Northern Bowie tonight before
dissipating Sunday morning. Marginal southwesterly gales over
Northern Bowie will diminish early this evening.
A building ridge of high pressure over Queen Charlotte Sound tonight
will lie over Haida Gwaii on Sunday. Ahead of the ridge,
northwesterly gales will develop over Johnstone Strait and west coast
Vancouver Island into Southern Explorer Sunday afternoon.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: