Hecate Strait - northern half
Issued 10:30 AM PST 17 January 2017
Today Tonight and Wednesday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 25 to 35 knots increasing to southeast 35 to 45 near noon then diminishing to southeast 25 to 35 near midnight. Wind diminishing to southeast 15 to 25 Wednesday morning.
Periods of rain.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Hecate Strait - northern halfIssued 10:30 AM PST 17 January 2017
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PST 17 January 2017 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 10:30 a.m. PST today low 981 mb located over northwestern
By 9:30 p.m. PST tonight low 969 mb located west of Langara.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:01 AM PST 17 January 2017 An area of low pressure over the northern part of Explorer this
morning will track northward off the west coast of Haida Gwaii this
afternoon to lie west of Langara Island by late this evening.
Gale to storm force southeasterly winds currently over the southern
and central waters will spread northward into the northern waters
today as the low moves northward.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: