Hecate Strait - northern half
Issued 10:30 AM PDT 26 August 2016
Today Tonight and Saturday
Wind northwest 15 to 25 knots diminishing to northwest 10 to 15 early Saturday morning and to light Saturday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PDT 26 August 2016 Today Tonight and Saturday At 10:30 a.m. PDT today ridge located west of the offshore waters.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT today weakening ridge located west of the offshore
At 7:00 p.m. PDT Saturday low located over Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:21 AM PDT 26 August 2016 A ridge of high pressure will remain nearly stationary west of the
offshore waters through today. Strong to gale force
Northwesterly winds will prevail mostly over the central and northern
The ridge will weaken on Saturday as a low drifts into Bowie from the
northwest. This shift in the pattern will also end the strong to
gale force northwesterly flow across the region.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: