Hecate Strait - northern half
Issued 09:30 PM PST 26 January 2015
Tonight and Tuesday
Wind northeast 25 knots becoming westerly 15 to 25 near midnight then diminishing to westerly 5 to 15 Tuesday morning. Wind backing to southerly 5 to 15 early Tuesday evening.
Periods of rain.
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PST 26 January 2015 Tonight and Tuesday At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight departing low 1001 mb located over
At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight dissipating cold front from 1001 mb low
located on a line northwest-southeast over the Central Coast.
At 4:00 a.m. PST Tuesday building ridge located over the offshore
By 4:00 p.m. PST Tuesday ridge located on a line north-south over
Queen Charlotte Sound.
At 4:00 p.m. PST Tuesday approaching frontal system located west
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:27 PM PST 26 January 2015 A low pressure system over Hecate Strait this evening will move
Into the B.C. Interior overnight. The cold front associated with
The system will continue to spread gale force southerly winds along
the Central Coast waters this evening before shifting to strong to
gale force northwesterlies in its wake.
Winds will become strong to gale force southeasterly over Bowie
Tuesday evening as another frontal system approaches from the west.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: