Issued 09:30 PM PDT 30 March 2015
Tonight and Tuesday
Wind southwest 25 knots diminishing to southwest 10 to 15 after midnight then backing to south 20 Tuesday afternoon except south 25 to 30 over northern sections. Wind diminishing to southwest 15 Tuesday evening.
A few showers with a risk of thunderstorms.
Hecate Strait - northern half
Hecate Strait - southern half
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 30 March 2015 Tonight and Tuesday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight low 999 mb located over the Gulf of Alaska.
By 11:00 p.m. PDT Tuesday low 1008 mb located off the Alaska
At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight cold front located on a line
northeast-southwest over southern Vancouver Island.
By 2:00 a.m. PDT Tuesday departing cold front located over the
At 8:00 a.m. PDT Tuesday trough located on a line north-south
By 8:00 p.m. PDT Tuesday departing trough located over the North
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:29 PM PDT 30 March 2015 A low over the Alaska Panhandle will bring strong to gale force
westerlies off Langara this evening. A cold front over Southern
Vancouver Island this evening will reach the Lower Mainland just
after midnight. Moderate southeast winds ahead of the front will
shift to strong northwest in its wake with westerly gales expected
through Juan de Fuca Strait tonight.
A trough of low pressure will approach the offshore waters Tuesday
morning and will reach the North Coast Tuesday evening. Behind the
trough, strong to gale force westerly winds will develop over the
northern offshore waters.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: