Issued 04:00 PM PDT 21 October 2016
Tonight and Saturday
Wind south 20 to 30 knots.
Showers ending Saturday afternoon. Risk of thunderstorms late this afternoon and this evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 21 October 2016 Tonight and Saturday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight departing low 992 mb located north
At 5:00 p.m. PDT Saturday intensifying low 998 mb located over
By 5:00 a.m. PDT Sunday low 994 mb located over northern Explorer.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:28 PM PDT 21 October 2016 Strong southerly winds will ease tonight over most waters as a low
pressure centre moves northward and fills off the Alaska Panhandle.
Localized stronger winds up to gale force 35 knots will persist into
the overnight hours near the northern tip of Vancouver Island and off
the Central Coast as a weak disturbance moves through the coast.
A deepening low will move northward across Explorer Saturday night.
Winds will rise to gale force southeast over most waters off the west
coast of Vancouver Island late Saturday.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: