Issued 09:30 PM PST 29 November 2015
Tonight and Monday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 25 to 35 knots increasing to southeast 35 to 45 near noon Monday.
Periods of rain beginning after midnight.
Hecate Strait - northern half
Hecate Strait - southern half
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Hecate StraitIssued 9:30 PM PST 29 November 2015
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PST 29 November 2015 Tonight and Monday At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight weakening ridge located over BC interior.
At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight quasi-stationary frontal system located
At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight low 998 mb located southwest of Explorer.
By 6:00 p.m. PST Monday low 1002 mb located 100 miles southwest
of Cape Scott.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:29 PM PST 29 November 2015 A north to south aligned front over Bowie this evening will remain
quasi-stationary through Monday afternoon, then will shift eastward
to Haida Gwaii Monday evening. Meanwhile, a low pressure centre
southwest of Explorer will track northeastward to lie off Cape Scott
by Monday evening.
Strong to gale force southeasterlies will prevail over northern
waters ahead of the front tonight and Monday. Strong to gale force
southeasterlies will develop ahead of the approaching low on Monday
with storm force southeasterlies forecast off the west coast of
A series of low pressure systems will pass through BC waters in the
coming week. Gale to storm force winds are expected to prevail
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: