Issued 09:30 PM PDT 20 October 2016
Tonight and Friday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 25 to 35 knots increasing to southeast 35 to 45 late this evening then diminishing to south 20 to 30 early Friday morning except southeast 35 over northern sections. Wind becoming southeast 20 to 30 Friday afternoon.
Periods of rain with a risk of thunderstorms.
Hecate Strait - northern half
Hecate Strait - southern half
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Hecate StraitIssued 9:30 PM PDT 20 October 2016
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 20 October 2016 Tonight and Friday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight quasi-stationary ridge located over
At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight low 990 mb located off Bowie.
By 11:00 p.m. PDT Friday departing low 992 mb located 200 miles
northwest of Langara.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:23 PM PDT 20 October 2016 An approaching low pressure system will move into Bowie tonight and
track northeastward towards the Alaskan Panhandle Friday evening.
Ahead of the low, southerly gales over the offshore waters will
spread to the northern and central waters tonight. Winds will veer to
strong to gale force westerlies over the offshore waters on Friday.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: