Issued 09:30 PM PST 11 February 2016
Tonight and Friday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 35 to 45 knots diminishing to south 10 to 15 late overnight then increasing to south 15 to 25 early Friday afternoon.
Periods of rain.
Hecate Strait - northern half
Hecate Strait - southern half
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Hecate StraitIssued 9:30 PM PST 11 February 2016
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PST 11 February 2016 Tonight and Friday At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight low 984 mb located west of Bowie.
By 4:00 a.m. PST Friday low 986 mb located northwest of Bowie.
At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight frontal system located over Haida Gwaii
By 4:00 a.m. PST Friday frontal system located over the Mainland
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:23 PM PST 11 February 2016 Gale to storm force southeast winds have spread to the north and
central coasts and west coast of Vancouver Island as a frontal
System concludes its trek through the region.
Winds will ease and shift to southwesterly by Friday morning as the
frontal system moves inland.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: