Issued 09:30 PM PDT 27 March 2015
Tonight and Saturday
Storm warning in effect.
Wind northwest 10 to 20 knots increasing to southeast 20 to 30 late overnight and to south 30 to 40 Saturday morning. Wind increasing to southeast 40 to 50 near noon Saturday then diminishing to south 20 to 30 Saturday afternoon.
Rain at times heavy beginning late overnight. Visibility 1 mile or less in rain.
Hecate Strait - northern half
Hecate Strait - southern half
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Hecate StraitIssued 9:30 PM PDT 27 March 2015
'Storm' force winds of 48 to 63 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 27 March 2015 Tonight and Saturday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight departing cold front located over the
At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight ridge located on a line north-south
By 4:00 p.m. PDT Saturday ridge located on a line north-south over
the South Coast.
At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight frontal system located off Bowie.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT Saturday frontal system located on a line
north-south over Queen Charlotte Sound.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:13 PM PDT 27 March 2015 A cold front over the South Coast will exit the region tonight.
In its wake a ridge of high pressure will move across the outer
waters tonight and the South Coast Saturday afternoon. The next
frontal system will cross the offshore waters tonight and northern
waters on Saturday.
Ahead of the next frontal system, gale force southerlies will develop
over the offshore waters tonight and rise to gale to storm force on
Saturday as the winds spread to most northern and central waters.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: