Issued 09:30 PM PST 19 December 2014
Tonight and Saturday
Storm warning in effect.
Wind southeast 35 to 45 knots increasing to southeast 45 to 55 late this evening then diminishing to southwest 25 to 35 early Saturday morning. Wind diminishing to south 15 to 25 near noon Saturday.
Rain changing to chance of showers Saturday.
Hecate Strait - northern half
Hecate Strait - southern half
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Hecate StraitIssued 9:30 PM PST 19 December 2014
'Storm' force winds of 48 to 63 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PST 19 December 2014 Tonight and Saturday At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight frontal system located on a line
northwest-southeast over the offshore waters.
By 10:00 a.m. PST Saturday frontal system located on a line
northwest-southeast over the Mainland Coast.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:29 PM PST 19 December 2014 An fairly intense Pacific frontal system will reach the outer coast
overnight and will make its way inland Saturday morning.
Widespread storm force southeasterlies will develop ahead of the
system tonight from Northern Vancouver Island northwards, with gales
expected in the far south. Winds will shift to strong to gale force
southwesterly in its wake. Seas will remain high, reaching up to 8
metres off Vancouver Island and the central part of the coast with
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: