Issued 10:30 AM PDT 27 August 2016
Today Tonight and Sunday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northwest 10 knots increasing to southeast 15 late this afternoon and to southeast 25 late overnight. Wind increasing to southeast 25 to 35 Sunday morning.
Periods of rain beginning late overnight.
Hecate Strait - northern half
Hecate Strait - southern half
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Hecate StraitIssued 10:30 AM PDT 27 August 2016
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PDT 27 August 2016 Today Tonight and Sunday At 10:30 a.m. PDT today weakening ridge located west of the
At 10:30 a.m. PDT today low located over the Gulf of Alaska.
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Sunday low located over Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:20 AM PDT 27 August 2016 A ridge of high pressure west of the offshore waters will gradually
weaken today. Strong to gale force northwesterly winds west of
Vancouver Island will gradually ease.
A low over the Northern Gulf of Alaska today will stall over Bowie
early Sunday. A leading front will move to central BC waters
Sunday morning. Strong to gale force southeasterlies ahead of the
front will shift to moderate to strong southwesterlies in its wake.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: