Issued 04:00 AM PDT 04 September 2015
Today Tonight and Saturday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northerly 5 to 15 knots becoming light this morning then increasing to south 5 to 15 early this evening. Wind increasing to south 20 overnight then backing to southeast 20 to 25 Saturday morning except southeast 25 to 35 over northern sections Saturday morning and afternoon.
Rain beginning Saturday morning and ending Saturday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Hecate StraitIssued 04:00 AM PDT 04 September 2015
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 4 September 2015 Today Tonight and Saturday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
By 4:00 p.m. PDT today ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
over northern Explorer.
At 4:00 a.m. PDT today frontal system located west of Bowie.
By 11:00 a.m. PDT Saturday frontal system located over Haida Gwaii.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:57 AM PDT 4 September 2015 A trough will move east across Bowie tonight then reach Haida Gwaii
Winds will rise to strong to gale force southerlies over Dixon East
and Northern Hecate as the trough approaches Saturday morning.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: