Issued 10:30 AM PDT 31 March 2015
Today Tonight and Wednesday
Wind southwest 10 to 20 knots backing to south 20 this afternoon except south 25 to 30 over northern sections. Wind becoming southwest 10 to 20 this evening.
A few showers with a risk of thunderstorms.
Hecate Strait - northern half
Hecate Strait - southern half
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PDT 31 March 2015 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 10:30 a.m. PDT today low 998 mb located 300 miles southwest of
the Alaska panhandle.
By 5:00 a.m. PDT Wednesday weakening low 1012 mb located over the
northern Alaska panhandle.
At 10:30 a.m. PDT today trough located on a line north-south
By 8:00 p.m. PDT tonight departing trough located over the North
At 8:00 a.m. PDT Wednesday building ridge located on a line
north-south over Bowie.
By 8:00 p.m. PDT Wednesday ridge located over Cape Scott.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:16 AM PDT 31 March 2015 Moderate to strong westerlies will prevail over the South Coast
today. Marginal westerly gales are expected this afternoon through
Juan de Fuca Strait. A weak trough of low pressure will move through
the North Coast today bringing strong southerlies ahead of it and
strong westerlies in behind. Westerly gales are expected over the far
north tonight as a low pressure centre heads towards the Alaska
On Wednesday, winds will ease over most areas as a ridge of high
pressure builds along the coast. Strong to gale force southerlies
will develop over the northern offshore waters by Wednesday afternoon
as the next trough approaches.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: