Issued 09:30 PM PDT 27 August 2016
Tonight and Sunday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 10 to 20 knots increasing to southeast 25 late overnight and to southeast 25 to 35 Sunday morning.
Periods of rain beginning late overnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Hecate StraitIssued 9:30 PM PDT 27 August 2016
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 27 August 2016 Tonight and Sunday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight quasi-stationary low located over Bowie.
At midnight PDT tonight cold front located 100 miles southwest of
Cape St. James.
By 5:00 p.m. PDT Sunday cold front located on a line
northwest-southeast over Cape Scott.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:25 PM PDT 27 August 2016 A low centre will remain over Bowie region tonight and Sunday. A cold
front will form overnight to the south of the low and move to central
BC waters late Sunday morning. Strong to gale force southeasterlies
ahead of the front will shift to moderate to strong southwesterlies
in its wake.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: