Issued 09:30 PM PDT 06 October 2015
Tonight and Wednesday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 20 knots increasing to southeast 25 to 35 near noon Wednesday.
Rain at times heavy beginning Wednesday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Hecate StraitIssued 9:30 PM PDT 06 October 2015
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 6 October 2015 Tonight and Wednesday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight quasi-stationary low located west of the
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:16 PM PDT 6 October 2015 A large deepening low pressure system will remain west of the
Of effshore waters this week. A series of disturbances rotating
around the low will bring gale force southeasterly winds to most BC
waters Wednesday and Wednesday night.
These disturbances will continue to develop and rotate around the
system this week. Gale to storm force southerly winds are expected
through Sunday as these disturbances move across BC waters.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: