Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
Issued 04:00 PM PDT 17 October 2017
Tonight and Wednesday.
Storm warning in effect.
Wind south 15 to 25 knots increasing to southeast 40 early this evening and to southeast 50 late this evening. Wind diminishing to southwest 25 to 35 late overnight then becoming south 25 late Wednesday morning.
Rain beginning early this evening. Risk of thunderstorms overnight changing to a few showers early Wednesday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance West - west of LangaraIssued 4:00 PM PDT 17 October 2017
'Storm' force winds of 48 to 63 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PDT 17 October 2017 Tonight and Wednesday At 4:00 p.m. PDT today frontal system located west of the offshore
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Wednesday frontal system located on a line
north-south over Hecate Strait.
At 5:00 a.m. PDT Wednesday cold front located on a line
northeast-southwest over northern Vancouver Island.
By 5:00 p.m. PDT Wednesday cold front located on a line
northeast-southwest over southern Vancouver Island.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:43 PM PDT 17 October 2017 A frontal system is approaching the northern and central waters from
offshore this evening. This system will cross the north and central
coasts on Wednesday morning. Winds will rise quickly to storm force
southeasterlies ahead of the system tonight. Winds will veer to
southwest gales in its wake.
Gale to local storm force southeasterlies will also develop over the
South Coast overnight into Wednesday morning as the system
approaches. As the system moves inland late Wednesday, winds will
become strong south or southwesterlies in its wake.
Seas will build to near 6 metres over the northern and central waters
tonight, and to near 9 metres over the offshore waters Wednesday
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: