Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
Issued 09:30 PM PST 20 November 2017
Tonight and Tuesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 35 to 45 knots veering to south 25 to 35 late this evening then diminishing to southeast 15 to 25 late overnight. Wind east 15 to 25 Tuesday.
Rain changing to a few showers early Tuesday morning then to rain late Tuesday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance West - west of LangaraIssued 9:30 PM PST 20 November 2017
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PST 20 November 2017 Tonight and Tuesday At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight frontal system located west of Haida Gwaii.
By 1:00 a.m. PST Tuesday weakening frontal system located on a
line northeast-southwest over Haida Gwaii.
At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight frontal system located southwest of
By 4:00 p.m. PST Tuesday frontal system located on a line east-west
over southern Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:25 PM PST 20 November 2017 A frontal system currently west of Haida Gwaii will weaken as it
moves over Haida Gwaii tonight. A second frontal system approaching
Explorer from the southwest will move to lie over Southern Bowie by
Gale force southerly winds over northern waters ahead of the first
frontal system will ease through Tuesday morning.
Gale to storm force southeasterly winds will spread to southern
offshore waters Tuesday morning and will spread to central and
northern waters Tuesday afternoon. Winds will ease behind the
Frontal system Tuesday night.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: