Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
Issued 09:30 PM PST 18 November 2017
Tonight and Sunday.
Wind northwest 5 to 15 knots backing to southwest 15 early Sunday afternoon.
A few showers.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PST 18 November 2017 Tonight and Sunday At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight frontal system located from Queen Charlotte
Sound to Explorer.
By 1:00 p.m. PST Sunday frontal system located on a line
northeast-southwest over southern Vancouver Island.
At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight departing low 999 mb located near the
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:23 PM PST 18 November 2017 A 999 millibar low near the mainland North Coast will move inland
near midnight. An associated frontal system on a northeast to
southwest line through Queen Charlotte Sound and Explorer will move
slowly southwards to lie through Northern Vancouver Island by early
Sunday morning then cross the South Coast by late Sunday afternoon.
Gale force southerly winds will prevail ahead of the front. Storm
force southeasterly winds off Northwestern Vancouver island will
Ease overnight as the low moves inland. Winds will ease to moderate
to strong westerlies behind the low and the front.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: