Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
Issued 09:30 PM PDT 26 March 2017
Tonight and Monday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind east 30 to 40 knots diminishing to southerly 20 to 30 late this evening then increasing to southeast 35 to 45 Monday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance West - west of LangaraIssued 9:30 PM PDT 26 March 2017
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 26 March 2017 Tonight and Monday At 10:30 a.m. PDT Monday frontal system located off Bowie.
By midnight PDT Monday frontal system located from Haida Gwaii
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:23 PM PDT 26 March 2017 The next approaching frontal system will track across the offshore
waters Monday evening, ahead of the system, gale force southerlies
will develop over the offshore waters Monday afternoon and spread to
central and northern waters by the evening.
Southerly storm force winds will develop from Southern Hecate Strait
to the headlands of Vancouver Island after midnight Monday night.
Winds will ease to moderate westerlies in the wake of the front on
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: