Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
Issued 09:30 PM PST 07 February 2016
Tonight and Monday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 20 knots increasing to south 30 to 40 late overnight then diminishing to south 20 to 30 Monday afternoon. Wind diminishing to south 15 early Monday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance West - west of LangaraIssued 9:30 PM PST 07 February 2016
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PST 7 February 2016 Tonight and Monday At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight quasi-stationary ridge located over
At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight warm front located on a line
northeast-southwest over Langara.
By 10:30 a.m. PST Monday warm front located on a line
northeast-southwest over the Alaska panhandle.
At 10:00 p.m. PST tonight low 1004 mb located west of Explorer.
By 10:00 a.m. PST Monday low 1004 mb located over northwestern
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:18 PM PST 7 February 2016 A warm front over Northern Haida Gwaii this evening will move
northward tonight ahead of an approaching low. The low will brush the
northwest corner of Bowie region Monday morning.
Strong easterlies prevail ahead of the front with gale force
northeast outflow winds through mainland inlets. South of the front
winds rise to gale force south or southeast while outflow winds
Ease. Winds will ease on Monday as the low moves off to the north.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: