Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 29 March 2017
Today Tonight and Thursday
Storm warning in effect.
Wind south 10 to 20 knots veering to west 10 to 20 late this morning then backing to south 15 Thursday morning. Wind increasing to south 20 to 30 near noon Thursday and to south 30 to 40 Thursday afternoon. Wind increasing to south 40 to 50 Thursday evening.
A few showers ending Thursday morning. Rain beginning Thursday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance West - west of LangaraIssued 04:00 AM PDT 29 March 2017
'Storm' force winds of 48 to 63 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 29 March 2017 Today Tonight and Thursday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today low located over southern Explorer.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT today departing low located over BC interior.
At 11:00 a.m. PDT Thursday cold front located over 53N 146W
By 11:00 p.m. PDT Thursday cold front located over Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:46 AM PDT 29 March 2017 A low over Southern Explorer will move across Vancouver
Island late this morning and into the B.C. Interior late this
afternoon. Strong to gale force southeasterlies will continue this
morning for southern waters before switching over to strong to
Gale force northwesterlies in the wake of the low.
On Thursday morning a cold front will approach the offshore waters.
The cold front will lie over Bowie by late Thursday evening. Ahead
Of the front winds will rise to gale to storm force southeasterlies
over offshore and northern waters.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: