Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
Issued 10:30 AM PDT 23 May 2017
Today Tonight and Wednesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind west 15 to 25 knots increasing to northwest 25 to 35 this afternoon then becoming northwest 20 to 30 early Wednesday morning.
A few showers ending near midnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance West - west of LangaraIssued 10:30 AM PDT 23 May 2017
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PDT 23 May 2017 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 10:30 a.m. PDT today frontal system located over Cape St. James
By 6:00 p.m. PDT tonight frontal system located on a line
north-south over the Lower Mainland.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:17 AM PDT 23 May 2017 A frontal system in a northeast to southwest line from cape St. James
to Northern Explorer this morning will move across the BC coast
today, pushed by a strong upper trough. A strong ridge of high
pressure will build in the wake of the front and generate
Gale to locally storm force northwesterly winds over the BC waters
today, tonight, and Wednesday.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: