Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
Issued 10:30 AM PDT 24 March 2017
Today Tonight and Saturday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind easterly 20 to 30 knots becoming northwest 25 to 35 early this evening then diminishing to southwest 15 to 25 early Saturday morning. Wind diminishing to light late Saturday morning then increasing to southeast 15 to 25 Saturday evening.
Rain changing to chance of showers Saturday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance West - west of LangaraIssued 10:30 AM PDT 24 March 2017
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PDT 24 March 2017 Today Tonight and Saturday At 10:30 a.m. PDT today low located west of Haida Gwaii.
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Saturday departing low located 100 miles northwest
of Prince Rupert.
At 4:00 a.m. PDT Saturday building ridge located on a line
northwest-southeast over the Mainland Coast.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:29 AM PDT 24 March 2017 A low pressure system west of Haida Gwaii late this morning will
drift over to Haida Gwaii this afternoon then depart towards the
Alaskan Panhandle early Saturday morning. Ahead of the low, gale
force southeasterly winds will be widespread along the coastal
waters. The winds will shift to gale force northwesterly over
offshore waters today behind the low. The northwest gales will
Spread to northern and central waters tonight then ease below gales
early Saturday morning.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: