Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
Issued 10:30 AM PDT 21 September 2017
Today Tonight and Friday.
Wind northwest 15 to 25 knots diminishing to northwest 10 to 15 early this evening then backing to southwest 10 to 20 near midnight. Wind west 10 to 15 Friday.
A few showers beginning after midnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PDT 21 September 2017 Today Tonight and Friday At 10:30 a.m. PDT today dissipating trough located over the
At 10:30 a.m. PDT today building ridge located west of Bowie.
By 11:00 p.m. PDT tonight ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over Langara.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:04 AM PDT 21 September 2017 A ridge of high pressure building over the offshore waters is
spreading strong to gale force northerly winds west and north of
Vancouver Island. The ridge will gradually move onto Haida Gwaii
overnight and the northwest winds will ease to moderate to
Strong for most BC waters.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hurricanes and Climate Change
Hurricanes and Climate Change, is there a link?
- Date modified: