Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
Issued 10:30 AM PDT 28 April 2017
Today Tonight and Saturday
Storm warning in effect.
Wind light increasing to southeast 10 to 20 knots early this evening and to southeast 20 to 30 near midnight. Wind becoming east 25 to 35 late overnight then increasing to east 35 to 45 early Saturday morning. Wind increasing to east 45 to 55 late Saturday morning then diminishing to east 30 to 40 near noon Saturday. Wind diminishing to east 25 Saturday afternoon then backing to north 25 Saturday evening.
Rain beginning after midnight changing to chance of showers Saturday afternoon and evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance West - west of LangaraIssued 10:30 AM PDT 28 April 2017
'Storm' force winds of 48 to 63 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PDT 28 April 2017 Today Tonight and Saturday At 10:30 a.m. PDT today building ridge located over northern
By 4:00 p.m. PDT today ridge located on a line northwest-southeast
over Queen Charlotte Sound.
At 11:00 p.m. PDT tonight intensifying low 1003 mb located west
By 11:00 a.m. PDT Saturday low 991 mb located over eastern Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:17 AM PDT 28 April 2017 A developing low will approach Bowie overnight then track across
Eastern Bowie Saturday morning to reach Haida Gwaii in the afternoon.
Winds will increase to gale to storm force southeast over the north
and central waters ahead of the low.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: