Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 22 August 2017
Today Tonight and Wednesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southwesterly 10 to 20 knots increasing to south 20 to 30 early this evening and to southerly 35 after midnight. Wind diminishing to south 25 Wednesday morning and to west 15 Wednesday evening.
Periods of rain. Fog patches dissipating this morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance West - west of LangaraIssued 04:00 AM PDT 22 August 2017
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 22 August 2017 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today cold front located on a line
northeast-southwest over the North Coast.
By 8:00 p.m. PDT tonight weakening cold front located on a line
north-south over the Central Coast.
At 4:00 a.m. PDT today low 996 mb located over the Gulf of Alaska.
By 10:00 p.m. PDT tonight low 998 mb located west of Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 4:04 AM PDT 22 August 2017 A cold front lies along the North Coast and stretches southward
through cape St. James this morning. Near gale force southerlies
Have developed over most northern and central waters ahead of this
system. Winds will shift to moderate to strong westerlies behind the
An approaching low over the Gulf of Alaska will bring strong to gale
force southerlies to Bowie late Tuesday.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: