Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
Issued 10:30 AM PDT 30 March 2015
Today Tonight and Tuesday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northeasterly 25 to 35 knots becoming westerly 30 to 40 near noon then diminishing to westerly 20 to 30 early this evening. Wind diminishing to southwest 10 to 20 near midnight then increasing to southwest 20 to 30 Tuesday afternoon.
A few showers with a risk of thunderstorms.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance West - west of LangaraIssued 10:30 AM PDT 30 March 2015
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PDT 30 March 2015 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 10:30 a.m. PDT today low 994 mb located over Haida Gwaii.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT today low 996 mb located near the Alaska panhandle.
At 10:30 a.m. PDT Tuesday trough located on a line
northwest-southeast over the offshore waters.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:08 AM PDT 30 March 2015 A low pressure system over Haida Gwaii this morning will track
northward to the Alaska Panhandle this afternoon. Ahead of the low
gale force southerly winds will continue through the day over most
northern waters. Winds will shift to gale to storm force westerlies
in the wake of low.
A trough of low pressure will approach the offshore waters Tuesday
morning. Behind the trough, strong to gale force westerly or
northwesterly winds will develop over the northern offshore waters.
Meanwhile, strong to gale force westerly winds will prevail through
Juan de Fuca Strait tonight and Tuesday.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: