Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
Issued 10:30 AM PST 19 November 2017
Today Tonight and Monday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northwest 5 to 15 knots becoming light late this afternoon then increasing to southeast 10 to 20 early this evening. Wind increasing to south 20 to 30 near midnight and to southeast 30 to 40 early Monday morning.
A few showers ending Monday morning. Rain Monday late in the day.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance West - west of LangaraIssued 10:30 AM PST 19 November 2017
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PST 19 November 2017 Today Tonight and Monday At 10:30 a.m. PST today frontal system located on a line
northeast-southwest over southern Vancouver Island.
By 7:00 p.m. PST tonight departing frontal system located on a
line northeast-southwest over the southern Lower Mainland.
At 10:00 p.m. PST tonight building frontal system located west
By 10:00 p.m. PST Monday frontal system located over Hecate Strait.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:25 AM PST 19 November 2017 A frontal system on a northeast to southwest line through Southern
Vancouver Island will move southwards to lie through the Lower
Mainland by early this evening. A second front will move across
Haida Gwaii on Monday evening.
Gale force southerly winds will prevail ahead of the first front
And then ease to moderate westerly behind the system this afternoon.
Winds will rise to gale force southerly over Bowie by Monday
Morning ahead of the second front.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: