Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
Issued 10:30 AM PST 08 February 2016
Today Tonight and Tuesday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind south 30 to 40 knots diminishing to south 20 to 30 this afternoon and to south 15 early this evening. Wind increasing to southeast 25 to 35 Tuesday morning.
Rain ending near midnight. Chance of showers beginning Tuesday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance West - west of LangaraIssued 10:30 AM PST 08 February 2016
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PST 8 February 2016 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 10:30 a.m. PST today quasi-stationary ridge located over BC
At 10:30 a.m. PST today low 1003 mb located 180 miles west of
By 4:00 p.m. PST today low 1002 mb located over the Gulf of Alaska.
At 4:00 p.m. PST Tuesday low 972 mb located west of the offshore
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:31 AM PST 8 February 2016 A low is moving into the Gulf of Alaska today.
A second powerful low will move northward while remaining west of
offshore waters on Tuesday.
Gale force south or southeast winds over northern and central
Waters will ease today as the first low moves off to the north.
Southeast gales will return on Tuesday ahead of the second low.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: