Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
Issued 10:30 AM PDT 30 April 2016
Today Tonight and Sunday
Storm warning in effect.
Wind southeast 40 to 50 knots diminishing to south 25 to 35 late this afternoon and to south 15 to 25 early this evening. Wind increasing to southeast 25 to 35 Sunday morning.
Rain. Visibility 1 mile or less in rain.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance West - west of LangaraIssued 10:30 AM PDT 30 April 2016
'Storm' force winds of 48 to 63 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PDT 30 April 2016 Today Tonight and Sunday At 10:30 a.m. PDT today weakening ridge located on a line
north-south over northern Vancouver Island.
At 10:30 a.m. PDT today frontal system located over Bowie.
By 8:00 p.m. PDT tonight weakening frontal system located on a
line northeast-southwest over northwestern Haida Gwaii.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:25 AM PDT 30 April 2016 A weakening ridge of high pressure will remain stalled in a north to
south line over Northern Vancouver Island through Sunday. Meanwhile,
a frontal system over the northern offshore waters will reach Langara
this afternoon, then will stall and weaken along a northeast to
southwest line over Northwestern Haida Gwaii tonight. Gale to storm
force southeast winds will precede the front over the far north
today. Winds will ease tonight as the front weakens but southeast
gales will persist through Sunday over Northern Hecate Strait and the
eastern portions of Dixon Entrance.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: