Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
Issued 04:00 PM PDT 24 September 2017
Tonight and Monday.
Wind variable 5 to 15 knots becoming easterly 15 early this evening then backing to northerly 15 after midnight. Wind diminishing to light near noon Monday then becoming southerly 15 Monday evening.
Periods of rain ending near midnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PDT 24 September 2017 Tonight and Monday At 4:00 p.m. PDT today ridge located on a line north-south over
northern Vancouver Island.
By 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight weakening ridge located on a line
north-south over central Vancouver Island.
At 4:00 p.m. PDT today low located over western Bowie.
By 10:30 a.m. PDT Monday dissipating low located over Haida Gwaii.
At 4:00 p.m. PDT today cold front from low located west of Bowie.
By 5:00 a.m. PDT Monday weakening cold front from low located on
a line north-south over Queen Charlotte Sound.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:55 PM PDT 24 September 2017 A low pressure system over Bowie will move into northern waters and
its associated cold front will advance towards the northern and
central waters tonight. Ahead of the front, strong to gale force
southerly winds will develop. Winds will shift to strong to moderate
westerly winds in the wake of the front. The low and its cold front
will dissipate through the day on Monday.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: