Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
Issued 09:30 PM PDT 28 August 2016
Tonight and Monday
Gale warning in effect.
Wind east 25 to 35 knots diminishing to south 15 to 25 late overnight.
A few showers.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance West - west of LangaraIssued 9:30 PM PDT 28 August 2016
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 28 August 2016 Tonight and Monday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight quasi-stationary low located over Bowie.
At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight weakening cold front located on a line
north-south over central Queen Charlotte Sound.
By noon PDT Monday cold front located on a line north-south over
northern Vancouver Island.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:25 PM PDT 28 August 2016 A low will remain over Bowie region tonight and Monday.
A front over Queen Charlotte Sound will weaken tonight and will drift
slowly eastward to lie over Northern Vancouver Island by midday
Strong to gale force southeasterlies east of the front ease to
moderate to strong southerlies to the west. Strong to gale force
easterly winds will persist to the north of Haida Gwaii until late
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: