Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
Issued 09:30 PM PDT 18 October 2017
Tonight and Thursday.
Wind southeast 25 knots diminishing to southwesterly 15 late this evening then veering to northwest 20 near noon Thursday. Wind increasing to northwest 25 early Thursday evening.
A few showers. Risk of thunderstorms tonight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 18 October 2017 Tonight and Thursday By 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight departing cold front located on a line
northeast-southwest over Washington State.
At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight low located over northern Bowie.
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Thursday departing low located over Haida Gwaii.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:25 PM PDT 18 October 2017 A low pressure centre over Northern Bowie will track across Haida
Gwaii tonight. South of the low, strong to gale force westerlies over
offshore, central and northern waters will continue tonight. In its
wake, winds over the offshore waters will shift to gale force
northwesterly Thursday morning.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Summer 2017: Significant weather across Canada
By analyzing weather events, ECCC is collecting more information as to how our climate is changing.
- Date modified: