Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
Issued 04:00 PM PST 17 November 2017
Tonight and Saturday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southwest 35 to 45 knots diminishing to southwest 15 to 25 near midnight and to south 10 to 15 Saturday morning.
Rain changing to a few showers early Saturday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance West - west of LangaraIssued 4:00 PM PST 17 November 2017
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PST 17 November 2017 Tonight and Saturday At 4:00 p.m. PST today weakening low 988 mb located over the Gulf
At 4:00 a.m. PST Saturday low 1004 mb located west of Explorer.
By 1:00 p.m. PST Saturday low 998 mb located near Cape St. James.
At 4:00 a.m. PST Saturday frontal system located on a line
northeast-southwest over Queen Charlotte Sound.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:45 PM PST 17 November 2017 A low pressure system will remain over the Gulf of Alaska through
tonight. Gale force southwesterly winds will continue over most
northern and central waters tonight.
Another low pressure system will develop west of Explorer Saturday
morning. The system will move northeastward across Explorer and
Reach Southern Hecate Strait late Saturday afternoon. The associated
front will remain on a line northeast-southwest over Queen Charlotte
Sound. Gale to storm force southerly winds will develop over central
and southern waters on Saturday.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: