Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
Issued 04:00 PM PDT 21 August 2017
Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind southeast 20 to 30 knots diminishing to southwesterly 10 to 20 late overnight then increasing to south 20 to 30 Tuesday evening.
Periods of rain. Fog patches dissipating Tuesday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PDT 21 August 2017 Tonight and Tuesday At 4:00 p.m. PDT today quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over northern Vancouver Island.
At 4:00 p.m. PDT today cold front located on a line
northeast-southwest over Bowie.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT Tuesday weakening cold front located on a line
north-south over the Central Coast.
At 4:00 a.m. PDT Tuesday low 996 mb located over the Gulf of Alaska.
By 10:00 p.m. PDT Tuesday low 998 mb located west of Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:50 PM PDT 21 August 2017 A cold front over Bowie will reach Haida Gwaii tonight. Moderate to
strong southwesterlies over most northern and central waters will
back to strong to gale force southeasterlies ahead of this system.
Winds will shift to moderate to strong westerlies behind the cold
front on Tuesday.
An approaching low over the Gulf of Alaska will bring strong to gale
force southerlies to Bowie late Tuesday.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: