Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
Issued 10:30 AM PDT 22 August 2017
Today Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind southwest 15 knots increasing to southeast 15 to 25 late this evening and to southeast 30 early Wednesday morning. Wind diminishing to southeast 15 Wednesday evening.
Chance of showers changing to rain late overnight and ending Wednesday afternoon. Risk of thunderstorms Wednesday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PDT 22 August 2017 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 10:30 a.m. PDT today cold front located on a line
northeast-southwest over the North Coast.
By 8:00 p.m. PDT tonight weakening cold front located on a line
north-south over the Central Coast.
At 10:30 a.m. PDT today low 996 mb located over the Gulf of Alaska.
By 10:00 p.m. PDT tonight low 998 mb located west of Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:30 AM PDT 22 August 2017 A cold front lies north-south along Hecate Strait morning. Near gale
force southerlies have developed along the front. Winds will shift
To moderate to strong westerlies behind the cold front.
An approaching low over the Gulf of Alaska will bring strong to gale
force southerlies to Bowie late this afternoon. These winds will
advance towards the northern waters Wednesday.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: