Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
Issued 09:30 PM PDT 17 August 2017
Tonight and Friday.
Wind southwest 20 to 30 knots diminishing to southwest 10 to 20 early Friday morning.
A few showers.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 17 August 2017 Tonight and Friday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight dissipating ridge located on a line
north-south over northern Vancouver Island.
At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight dissipating frontal system located on a
line northeast-southwest over the Central Coast.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:20 PM PDT 17 August 2017 A ridge of high pressure extending north to south through Northern
Vancouver Island has weakened allowing a frontal system to the
North to move southwards. The frontal system extending northeast to
southwest through the Central Coast will dissipate this evening.
Light to moderate variable winds will prevail for most of the South
Coast except for strong to marginal gale force westerlies
Through Juan de Fuca Strait.
Over northern waters, strong locally gale force south to southeast
winds ahead of the frontal system will shift to strong west or
southwesterly in its wake.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: