Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 17 August 2017
Today Tonight and Friday.
Wind light increasing to southeast 20 knots early this morning and to southeast 25 to 30 near noon. Wind veering to southwest 20 to 30 early this evening then diminishing to southwest 10 to 20 Friday morning.
Rain changing to a few showers early this evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 17 August 2017 Today Tonight and Friday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over northern Vancouver Island.
At 2:00 p.m. PDT today frontal system located on a line
northeast-southwest over Haida Gwaii.
By 11:00 p.m. PDT tonight dissipating frontal system located on
a line northeast-southwest over the Central Coast.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 4:08 AM PDT 17 August 2017 A ridge of high pressure will remain over Northern Vancouver Island.
A frontal system will reach Bowie this morning and will move through
the North Coast during the day, reaching the Central Coast in the
Light to moderate variable winds will prevail for most of the South
Coast today. Moderate to strong westerlies will continue through
Juan de Fuca Strait.
Over the North Coast, gale force southeast winds will develop ahead
of the next frontal system today and will shift to strong west or
southwesterly in its wake.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: